Do you ever wake up and just crave pancakes? We do! However, pancakes aren’t the greatest if your aim is a healthy diet so why not try our easy protein pancake recipe- perfect to satisfy those morning cravings!
As a ‘healthy diet’ has become a trend over the past decade, with lots of people jumping on the band wagon. However, a lot of protein powders contain sweeteners and other preservatives that stop the body from burning ketones (chemicals that burn energy). When your body is in a state of ketosis (burning ketones), you are burning fat rather than burning carbohydrates and storing fat but most sweeteners will still keep you in the carbohydrate burning mode… not good, right?
Well before you panic, there are many ways to stay within ketosis: intermittent fasting and a keto diet are two prime examples. However, not everyone wants to do a special diet or not be allowed to eat when they want to. Frankly, at RYL that is not a vibe. So making small changes to your original diet can help your body to burn ketones for longer… that’s where our easy protein pancake recipe comes in! You can enjoy these pancakes relatively guilt free!
Rolled oats- we blend these oats into a flour in order to create a smoother consistency.
Protein powder- we recommend using a whey protein powder however you could use a plant protein powder if you are vegan but will need to balance it out with more milk to create a thinner texture. Make sure the powder you use doesn’t contain any sweeteners! Click here for a keto friendly whey protein powder.
Eggs- we use chicken eggs however, flax eggs would be an appropriate vegan substitute.
Milk- if you were to change this recipe to vegan, a milk substitute would work for the recipe (we recommend almond or oat milk).
Greek Yoghurt- make sure to use fat free milk.
Butter- you can use olive oil or coconut oil instead.
Fluffy Protein Pancakes
- 1 Frying Pan Medium Sized
- 1 Set of Scales
- 135 grams Rolled oats See notes
- 3 tsp Baking powder
- 1 scoop Protein powder See notes
- 3 Eggs See notes
- 32 grams Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp Milk/ milk alternative See notes
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter See notes
- 1 handful Fresh fruit to decorate
- Blend oats until it creates a powder-like, flour texture.
- Pre-heat a pan over medium heat and grease the pan with the ingredient of your choice.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a blender and blend until the mixture is smooth and combined.
- Once the pan is heated, pour 3 tbsp of mixture into the centre of the pan, cooking for roughly 90 seconds on each side.
- Repeat the process for the rest of your mixture and top with your favourite fresh fruit and maple syrup…enjoy!
Let us know how you recreate (or modify) this recipe and tag us @revitaliseyourlife_ryl for a chance to be featured on our Instagram!
* The content within this article is for information purposes only and not in replace of professional or medical advice. It is provided with the understanding that Revitalise Your Life is not engaged in the supply or rendering of medical advice, consultation or services. Therefore, you understand and agree that Revitalise Your Life shall not be liable for any claim, loss or damage arising out of the use of or reliance upon any content or information within the article.