In the summer, there is nothing more refreshing than a fresh salad but what most people don’t realise is that salads can have a huge amount of calories (most of which comes from a heavy dressing!). For our members who are trying to lose weight, we have the perfect calorie deficit salad for you! For our members who aren’t on a weight loss journey, this salad is so nutritious and will keep you full for hours…adding a little bit of spice to your day. See our recipe below for the perfect high protein salad!
Walnuts- nuts are a great source of healthy fats but if you have an allergy, these can be replaced with mixed seeds.
Chicken- white meats provide you with high sources of protein but this can also be swapped out with the vegan/veggie alternative of tofu to provide to with that protein source.
Dressing- the most calorific part of a salad is usually the dressing, so we suggest using a light drizzle extra virgin olive oil if you really fancy a dressing.
Halloumi- diary is a great source of healthy fats when not combined with carbohydrates. However, you can swap this type of cheese out for feta, cheddar or another type of cheese if you desire.
However you choose to modify this recipe make sure you have a great source of protein (whether it’s vegan or not). A high protein salad is incredibly nutritious and can help minimise those sweet cravings- meaning more room for dessert!
Protein Packed Salad
- 1 Frying Pan
- 1 Chopping board
- 1 Kitchen knife (sharp)
- 1/2 block Halloumi
- 1 large Chicken breast
- 15 grams Chopped walnuts
- 15 Grapes (halved)
- 1 Large whole tomato
- 1/4 Cucumber
- 2 Spring onions
- 3 Chestnut mushrooms
- 2 Large handful of salad leaves
- 1/4 Red pepper
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- Drizzle of olive oil for dressing
- Chop up all the fresh ingredients, add to a bowl with the salad leaves.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat with the olive oil and add chicken once heated.
- Add the paprika onto the chicken breast and cook for 5 minutes, flip the chicken over and repeat the process.
- Cut the halloumi block width ways into 4 sticks and then halve those.
- Add the halloumi sticks to a pan with the lemon juice and Herb de Provence. Cook either side for roughly 30 seconds.
- Slice the chicken into strips and add the cooked ingredients to the salad bowl.
- Mix ingredients together and plate up…add a drizzle of olive oil and enjoy!
Let us know how you recreate (or modify) this recipe and tag us @revitaliseyourlife_ryl for a chance to be featured on our Instagram.
* The content within this article is for information purposes only and not in replace of professional or medical advice. It is provided with the understanding that Revitalise Your Life is not engaged in the supply or rendering of medical advice, consultation or services. Therefore, you understand and agree that Revitalise Your Life shall not be liable for any claim, loss or damage arising out of the use of or reliance upon any content or information within the article.