In case you missed the memo, it is now winter season…yes, we are talking blankets, movies, warm fires, cosy pyjamas and above all HOT CHOCOLATE! Now most of us will grab a box of instant powder from the supermarket because, to be honest, who has the time to stand a make hot chocolate!? But…our RYL homemade hot chocolate recipe is super simple to make and is even slightly healthier than normal instant powders as they are often packed with lots of sugar. Healthier and tastier – yes please!
So before we launch straight into the recipe, lets have a quick look at some benefits of cocoa. Whilst the cocoa bean has many health benefits, when added to most chocolate bars that we relate to as our guilty pleasures, they are accompanied with tons of additives. However, the cocoa bean itself has lots of health benefits:
- Contains lots of antioxidants with promote skin health
- Helps with inflammation which can help with acne breakouts
- Can reduce fatigue and regulate energy
- Supports heart and gut health
- Can help to regulate blood pressure
- A big mood-booster!
Check out this raw cacao powder, perfect for creating a rich hot chocolate!
See our homemade hot chocolate recipe below to make the switch!
Show us how you recreate or modify this recipe and tag us @revitaliseyourlife_ryl for a chance to be featured on our Instagram!
* The content within this article is for information purposes only and not in replace of professional or medical advice. It is provided with the understanding that Revitalise Your Life is not engaged in the supply or rendering of medical advice, consultation or services. Therefore, you understand and agree that Revitalise Your Life shall not be liable for any claim, loss or damage arising out of the use of or reliance upon any content or information within the article.