When embarking on a ‘healthy living’ lifestyle, it can be difficult to know what healthy food brands are actually healthy and what are fads. The first step is to examine the ingredient list and there are many ingredients that need to be considered as they can affect your ketosis levels. So we came up with a list of ingredients you can watch out for in your next food shop:
IMPORTANT NOTE: These ingredients are things to be wary of, not abandon completely! At RYL, there is balance and if you try and stick to a 70-30 split with healthier choices, you are smashing it! However, if you want to go for a strict reset, we recommend removing these ingredients as much as possible from your diet for the 2-week period.
So once you have done the shop, checked the ingredients and packed away the food…what on earth do you do with it all? Don’t worry we completely understand that overwhelming feeling so we have put together some quick and simple recipe ideas for all parts of the day!
- Porridge with fresh fruit and seeds (V)
- Eggs on granary toast (V)
- Smashed avocado on toast (VE) optional: bacon
- Chocolate protein smoothie (V)
- Immune system smoothie (V)
- Berry smoothie (V, VE)
- Protein pancakes (V, VE)
- Breakfast wrap
- Overnight oats (V)
- Egg, bacon and avocado
- Turkey/beef homemade burger with salad
- Hot dog with salad
- Low carb BLT
- Salmon with vegetables/salad
- Chicken salad (VE- can use vegan alternative)
- Beef tortillas/tacos with salad
- Prawn, bacon and peas with noodles
- Halloumi salad (V)
- Steak with vegetables or salad
- Pesto chicken with tomato and mozzarella
- Cauliflower crust pizza (V)
- Cauliflower casserole (V, VE)
- Almond flour biscuits
- Vegetables and hummus
- Chocolate peanut butter balls
- Fruit salad
- Homemade ice cream
Share your healthy recipe ideas with other members of our RYL community!
* The content within this article is for information purposes only and not in replace of professional or medical advice. It is provided with the understanding that Revitalise Your Life is not engaged in the supply or rendering of medical advice, consultation or services. Therefore, you understand and agree that Revitalise Your Life shall not be liable for any claim, loss or damage arising out of the use of or reliance upon any content or information within the article.