There is nothing more satisfying in the summer than an ice cold smoothie to kickstart your morning. See below the benefits of each of the ingredients we’ve mixed into this smoothie…
Raspberries– not only do raspberries contain manganese (essential for healthy bones and skin) they also have a huge effect on your heart. The potassium and omega-3 fatty acids are essential to heart function and proven to lower blood pressure, preventing strokes and heart disease.
Dates– as well as being high in fibre, this dried fruit is also high in disease-fighting antioxidants:
- Flavonoids- reduces inflammation as well as the risk of diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease and certain types of cancer.
- Carotenoids– promote heart health and reduce the risk of eye-related disorders.
- Phenolic acid– anti-inflammatory properties and might help lower the risk of cancer and heart disease.
Mango– this fruit is high in protective antioxidants as well as supporting eye, hair and skin health.
See below for how to re-create this recipe!
Summer Berry Smoothie
- 1 Blender
- 1/2 cup Water Can add more depending on texture
- 1 cup Frozen raspberries
- 2 Dates, pitted
- 1 cup Chopped frozen mango
- 1/2 cup Milk or milk alternative
- 2 Ice cubes (optional)
- Add all the ingredients together into a blender and blend for 30 seconds. You can add more water if desired and then serve in your favourite smoothie glass!
We can’t wait to see how you adapt or re-create this recipe. Make sure to tag us @revitaliseyourlife_ryl on Instagram to have a chance to be featured on our page!
* The content within this article is for information purposes only and not in replace of professional or medical advice. It is provided with the understanding that Revitalise Your Life is not engaged in the supply or rendering of medical advice, consultation or services. Therefore, you understand and agree that Revitalise Your Life shall not be liable for any claim, loss or damage arising out of the use of or reliance upon any content or information within the article.